Being a 3rd trimester whale is making me want to shop. Alot. Even though I am quite comfortable with my changing body, I do miss being able to put on whatever. So you'd think this would be a clothing OMR, but for some unknown reason my wishlist for the year is mostly accessories. Probably because it feels safer, because they'll always fit. Which is one of the reasons I spend more on accessories than clothes. That's not to say I don't have a few pieces on my radar, but I'm planning on losing weight after having the baby and I don't want to jump the gun and buy tons of cute things that will only fit for a few months.
So today, let's focus on those other bits that I could even wear now. This list could have been a little bit longer (cabin fever has me shopping crazy!), but I edited down to my favourites. I would love to add all of these to my collection this year, but I'll settle for a few.
- Gucci Soho Disco bag (€790) This bag was on top of my wishlist about a year ago, but since I don't feel that the classic colours are for me, and there weren't any exciting seasonal colours, it kind of got lost in my mind. Enter this fuchsia for spring. It's just so vibrant, and so, so me! I love the practicality of this bag. It's a good size for a small everyday bag, and it's not too flashy either. I've seen so many good reviews of this, and I hear that it's a bargian at the current price point.
- kikki.K Textured Leather Travel Wallet ($56) Oh how I love travel gear! A big travel wallet is a must if you're in charge of a whole family worth of papers, passports and boarding passes, but I would recommend one to anyone because they're just so practical. I want to upgrade the one that I have, and these from kikki.K are perfect. They're a great size, leather and not too expensive.
- Truffle Clarity Clutch small ($42) This one goes in the travel gear section for me as well, because that's where I see the biggest use for it in my life. These are so simple and chic, and I think they would be perfect for long haul flights when you need to bring those extra skincare goodies to survive.
- Valentino Rockstud Ballerina ($975) Yes, I'm jumping the rockstud bandwagon. I did hate them at first, but the more I see them the more I love them. The only thing I don't love is the price tag, and I have heard about quality issues with these, so I'm not sure if they're something I would splurge on or not. No matter what though, they are pretty to look at. I think the ballerinas are my best option, even though I love the high heeled version, I just know I wouldn't wear them nearly enough. Since I dress in boring colours I would prefer them in a fun colour like pink, or something neon!
- Hunter Original Tall Gloss Wellington Boots (£95) These however are a bit more practical. I do already own rain boots, but I would love to have options since I live in the wettest city in Norway. Hunter boots are timeless, and I really like the glossy finish, it almost makes them sexy, haha! Not sure what colour I would want, but definetly a fun one to spruce up a grey autumn day.
- Louis Vuitton Neverfull GM (£755) I have had a bit of a love/hate relationship with this bag, and personally I would't use it as a handbag (atleast not in the GM size), but I do luuurve it for travel. It's huge and cavernous, and well, it never gets full. I always carry a mountain of stuff with me when I travel, be it by plane or car, and lately I've found myself using both a handbag and an extra tote, and that just ain't cutting it! I love the simplicity of these, and although I'm not the biggest monogram fan I like it for luggage. And also, since it's made from canvas and not leather you don't have to worry about scratches. I hear they're basically indestructable!
- Louis Vuitton Speedy Bandouliere 25 (£1600) This beautiful Speedy B in empreinte leather has been on top of my wishlist for quite a while. It's simple and classic, but fun, and I think it might just the perfect everyday bag for me (crossbody for life!). Unfortunately, it's being discontinued in this leather, so if you want one try and get one NOW. I think I will snap one up in damier ebene canvas instead, at a fraction of the price and as I said, basically indestructable which is perfect for an everyday bag for someone like me.
- Prada Keyholder (£165) Even though I prefer Chanel or Louis Vuitton for SLGs, I can't stop thinking of this simple keyholder in saffiano leather. It's not super branded or too flashy, but it comes in so many beautiful colours to suit anyones mood. A few years ago I would have though a keyholder was so silly, but if you have an expensive handbag you don't want your keys to destroy the lining! And hey, if you've got to keep your keys safe you might as well look cute doing it.