A little Clé de Peau Beauté haul

Posted on 12 August 2014

Several weeks ago I put in a little order at Saks for some Clé de Peau Beauté goodies. The main reason or ordering was the Refining Fluid Foundation which I got to try out when I was in Las Vegas in June. I was absolutely blown away by it, and I think it's the perfect everyday foundation since it's so light and looks very natural, yet it makes your skin look so good you would easily wear it out too. I won't get into it too much, because there will of course be a full review in a few weeks time. But you know how it is, you can't just order one thing, so I got a selection of products so I would get a broader impression of the brand itself. I had only tried the concealer before this, and if you've heard of that before you probably know it's amazing. Before you watch the video, let me get a little more into the products that are mentionen.

  • Refining Fluid Foundation ($120/30ml) Is a light weight foundation for light, bordering on medium, coverage. It is suppost to make your skintone look as flawless as possible, and help even it out. It is a quite dewy foundation, so this would be best suited for dry and normal skintones. It has broad spectrum SPF 24, and it's active sunscreen ingredient is octinoxate. My color is I10 which is the absolute lightest, and the next one up is O10 which is still quite pale, but pinktoned. The colour rage is not too impressive, but they do go quite dark, so I think most people will be able to find a match.
  • Eyebrow Pencil cartridge ($25/0.1g) plus Eyebrow Pencil holder ($35) Is a slanted and very waxy eyebrow pencil. The shape makes it very easy to work with, and it fills inn easily and the end result is very natural. I had heard from many people that this is their holy grail eyebrow pencil, and so far I'm loving it too. I'm excited to see how long it really lasts, but rumours say upto a year! If that's true, the price tag is an absolute bargain! My colour is 203 which is light brown (allthough it's quite taupe and perfect for blondes), and the other three are dark brown, grey brown and gray.
  • Enriched Lip Luminizer ($35/2g) plus holder ($25) Is a glossy lipstick on the sheer side. It has a barely there formula, that sits nicely on the lips. I've used this a few times and found it has longer weartime than most other glossy lipsticks. I find that this is a very practical product, and easily a handbag staple since it glides on so easily and doesn't require a lipgloss on top. I have the shade 204 Bellini, which is a peachy pink colour with gold shimmer. Now, you can feel the shimmer on your lips which is annoying, but it's not as bad as with many other lipsticks. I will try out other shades and see how they compare, both on the glitter front, and how the cream colours compare too.
  • Syncatif Softening Lotion ($175/124ml) I only have a 20ml size of this, as it was a gift with purchase that is no longer available from Saks, but I wanted to include it anyway. It is suppost to replenish moisture and help create even-toned skin, while minimizing dullness and discoloration. It is completly liquid, just like water, and has a subtle scent that is hard to describe as anything but a 'typical skincare scent'. I will be testing this out very soon and probably write a full review.
  • Shiseido Perfect Foundation Brush (£29/$30) Now this little brush has been on my wishlist for years, but since I haven't been that into applying foundation with a brush, I never really got around to buying it. It is a firm brush with a slanted surface with extremly soft bristles that is made in Japan. They claim that it works well with all foundations, from liquid to powder. This brush is world famous and has even won awards. Hopefully this will help me get the best results from the Refining Fluid Foundation, just as I got at the counter, when it helped apply the foundation so flawlessly it was implossible to notice it on the skin, but at the same time filled in pores perfectly making my skin look amazing.

Post a Comment