Current Obsessions

Posted on 22 August 2014


I'm going to start this post by being very honest. I have a very obsessive personality. I don't just love something, I go absolutely crazy for it. I look at it, think about it, and if it something I already own, I will use it all the time. As much as possible really. And that's the thought behind this post, which will be the first of many posts about my current obsessions. I will display both beauty and other things, anything really that gets me super excited. I often feel that mentioning something in my monthly favorites won't do a certain product justice, and that's where these posts will come in.

  • Portér Magazine The fall edition of Portér is out, and I'm so ready to finally start reading this! I devoured the summer issue during my holiday, and fell head over heels inlove with this magazine. There are only four editions out yet, but I can tell that this magazine is going to be huge. I really feel that this is what Vogue used to be. The photos are gorgeous, the articles are great, and overall there's just so much inspiration! Not only fashion inspiration, but lifestyle and beauty too, and some of the articles just make you reflect on your life, which is nice. It just ticks off so many boxes. And let's not forget, the fashion is amazing! A must-read for any fashionista.
  • Harry Potter In January I decided that this was the year I was finally going to read Harry Potter. Eight months later, I'm about to start the final book. When I was in my early teens and the whole world was crazy about HP, I just wasn't that into reading, and the fact that my mother wanted me to read them didn't help. I did love the movies though, and loved the story. I'm actually glad I waited this long, because I think you just understand more subtext as an adult, even in children's books! Reading them has really taken my HP fandom to a new level, and have no doubt become a true Potterhead! And P.S. reading the books means you will understand sooooooooo much more, since alot has been removed from the films.
  • Chanel summer 2014 nail polishes The fact that these are in here can come as no surprise. I feel like I've been talking about them all summer, and I've hardly worn anything else for the past month and a half. I was very late jumping on the band wagon on these, because I didn't think they looked that special in pictures, but they are so fantastic in person. I've worn Tutti Frutti the most, and it may just be the perfect summer bright. The fact that Chanel is my favorite nail polish brand is worth a mention as well. No one gets shades just like Chanel! I would definetly call myself a collector, and I still have the ones I got almost ten years ago.  
  • Hérmes Clic Clac bracelet My husband gifted this to me for my birthday last year, and even though this has been my favorite bracelet ever since, the obsession has been blossoming this summer. I honestly LOVE these bracelets. They're cute, extremly versatile and come in every colour you would ever need. I prefer them in gold, and white enamel is next on my wishlist, with orange as a close second. Mine is in the colour Jade.
  • Gucci sunglasses My optitian has an annual sale on sunglasses, and this year I was so lucky to find these from Gucci with a 50% discount. I've been on the lookout for a pair of brown sunglasses, and these fit the bill as both chic and cool. I love finding a good bargain in the sunglasses department, since they so rarely go on sale. One of the reasons I feel for these is because of the gold details, as I have become a gold girl.

Post a Comment