Dior Addict IT-Lash

Posted on 15 August 2014


Dior Addict IT-Lash (£22/$26/9ml) is Diors latest mascara that launched this summer. It falls into their Addict range, and the packaging is created to match the Addict lip products and fragrances. It launched together with the Dior Addict IT-Line liquid eyeliner that I will be reviewing tomorrow. They both come in four shades, black, pink, purple and blue. The formula is a regular non-waterproof formula.

When this first came a few months ago I was very hesitant for two reasons. One, I'm not a huge fan of Dior mascaras, and two, I'm not a fan of plastic mascara wands either. But I'm glad to say I was happily surprised. The formula is what I would call a medium in every single way. It's not too thick or too thin, and it doesn't dry too quick or too slow. It goes on very beautiful without anything even resembling a clump. Dior recommend applying it in a zig-zag motion, and if you do that it has a nice lengthening effect. It's not very volumising with just one coat (or atleast not in my opinion), but it has such a perfect drying time that you can go back after the first application and add more for volume. And it still looks nice. I have not experienced any kind of fallout or drizzling during wear, and it comes off easily when using eye make-up remover.

The brush, or wand if you may, is of the plastic kind with silicone bristles I guess I'm going to call them. I feel that many of that kind feel very hard on my lashes, but this doesn't. I would have to say it's almost idential to the CoverGirl Lash Blast wand. I do quite like it, and I feel that brushes are what really make a mascara. This is definetly for the lengthening and seperating junkie.

I actually love the packaging. It's almost a bit cheesy and reminds me of the 90s (my first high end lipstick was actually a Dior Addict lipstick), but the shiny black just looks so nice. It also clicks when it's screwed on properly, which is always nice. I think that this is a good addition to the Dior mascara range, and it's very different from the DiorShow mascaras.




Post a Comment