Diptyque Eau Rose Hand Lotion

Posted on 20 August 2014

Diptyque Eau Rose Hand Lotion (£20/50ml) is basically a cute little hand cream that smells just like the Eau Rose candle. I'm a sucker for packaging and this appeals to my Diptyque-loving heart. It's a nice black and white tube, with just a hint of pink in the roses. I really just bought this on a whim when I came by a store in Norway that sells Diptyque. I'm a big hand cream lover, so how could I say no?

First of all, let's talk about the scent. It smells good, but it's strong, and it lingers. This is not one for those of you that are sensitive to fragrance. The smell is delicious, and very similar to the Eau Rose candle. It absolutely smells like roses, and those of you that love rose fragrance will love this. Personally, I think the fragrance is so strong that I wouldn't want to use this several times during the day. And although the smell gets weaker on the hands over time, it does linger for quite a while.

I'm happy to report that the formula is very nice. The texture is light and creamy, and rubs easily into the skin. Hands feel instantly softened, and it absorbs quite quickly. After about a minute you'll be ready to use your hands again. As someone with dry hands I would say this is a "daytime handcream" that I could apply any time during the day and not feel handicapped as I wait for it to absorb.

I would have to conclude that this is a novelty hand cream. It's a good cream, but considering the price tag the formula itself isn't worth it for me. It's a fun little addition to my handbag, and the scent can easily be a little pickmeup during a busy day. Not to mention, this is a must for all Eau Rose-lovers.


Post a Comment