So I bought a Clarisonic

Posted on 25 August 2014


After probably two years of pondering, I finally took the plunge a few weeks back and bought a Clarisonic Mia2 (£125/$149) in a limited edition pink colour. It is quite an investment, which is why it took me so long to actually get one. But as I mentioned in my skincare post, my skin has been in a bad place this summer and I've been wanting to do what I can to help it return to normal.

After deciding that I did want to go ahead and purchase one, I had to decide which one to get. It was between the Aria and the Mia2. I obviously ended on the Mia2, for several reasons. First of I thought about the speeds. Mia2 har two speeds, while Aria has three, but I thought I would only end up using the slowest one. The other big difference is the fact that Mia2 comes with a travel case, while Aria comes with a drying stand. Now, I really wanted the drying stand, it is very practical, but when it all came down, I didn't think that stand was worth the big price difference. I feel that even though the Mia2 is smaller, it still fits nicely in my hands. And of course I love that it comes in pink!

When you first buy it it comes with the sensitive brush head. That may sound as though it would be perfect for sensitive skin, but it's actually more suited for normal skin. So I went right ahead and purchased the delicate brush head, which is the most gentle one. It also comes with a cleansing gel, which I'm not planning on using.

I've only used it twice so far, and it does of course take longer to see results. I will say however, that it makes my skin feel exfoliated after use. I've only been using it once a week for now, but I'm planning on going up to two times per week. Since my skin is dry and sensitive, and quite delicate and thin, I don't want to use it every day, even though Clarisonic say it can be used every day. So far, I've just been using it with my regular La Prairie Purifying Cream Cleanser.

I will check back and tell you on how I'm getting on in about a month. Hopefully, I'll see my skin starting to clear up a bit, and I hope to see results with some minor scarring I have on my chin as well. If you are using, or have used, a Clarisonic, I would love to hear your thoughts on it, and if saw results over time.


Post a Comment