What's in my makeup bag?

Posted on 19 August 2014



This weekend, my husband, son and I went on a little trip to the East Coast. The trip was about familytime, with no special occasions that would require big amounts of makeup, so I only brought my bare essentials. Of course, my essentials change all the time, so I though I would show you what that means this month. I managed to fit everything into my tiny, little pouch from Victoria's Secret (similar HERE and HERE). To be honest, I didn't even use everything!

For the face, the first thing I brought was my Le Blanc de Chanel Sheer Illuminating Base. I've had this for a while and it's been my favorite these past weeks. I only love this with some foundations though and it works well with Clè de Peau Beatè's Refining Fluid Foundation with SPF 24, which gives gorgeous looking, but natural, coverage. Also From Clè de Peau, I brought my favorite concealer from them, which I dab underneath my eyes for non-cakey full coverage, and I apply a little bit on my eyelids as well instead of a primer. To set everything I use Les Violettes Translucent Compact Powder Mattifying Veil from Guerlain, which I've recently gone back to. It's great for a glowing matte complexion. To top everything off I brought my favorite blush, the gorgeously pink, but very natural looking Provocative from Dolce & Gabbana.

The only eyeshadow I brought is my current favorite MAC's Artistic Licence from the recent Moody Blooms collection. It's such a gorgeous rose gold shade that brings out my blue eyes. I've been using this as my everyday eyeshadow this summer. To line I brought my favorite white pencil, Chanel's Le Crayon Kohl in Blanc to brighten my eyes, and Dior's new Addict IT-Line liquid eyeliner (reviewed HERE), which is so easy to use with a glossy and true black result. I had to bring the matching mascara as well, which is the Dior Addict IT-Lash mascara (reviewed HERE). My eyebrow pencil can come as now shock, it's the eyebrow pencil in 203 from Clé de Peau.

Lips is the only thing I actually brought options for, and I went for what's currently my three favorite natural looks. The first option is the Fig lipstick from Bite Beauty, a gorgeous mauvy pink my lips but better shade with amazing formula. For a more glam look I went for my favorite combo this month, Tom Ford lipstick in Nude Vanille and Chantecaille lipgloss in Lucky. Last but not least? You guessed it, even more Clé de Peau, with the Enriched Lip Luminizer in 204 Bellini.

Believe it or not, that's all I brought, even though I am a complete product junkie. And with my excellent packing skills, yes, it did all fit into that little makeup bag.Would you have managed to get through a weekend with such a small makeup bag?

Post a Comment