Aesop Rejuvenate Intensive Body Balm

Posted on 12 September 2014


Aesop Rejuventate Intensive Body Balm (£25/$35/120ml) is a very rich body balm, enriched with vanilla, sandalwood and tangerine rind oil, for dry skin. It is light yellow in texture (very similar to Kiehl's Creme de Corps), and the texture is somewhere between a cream and a balm, and it feels quite airy. I have the small size, which comes in a metal tube. There is also a 500ml version that comes in their signature brown bottle with a pump (£69/$97).


Now, I know what you're probably thinking. That much for a little tube? I agree, it is alot, but luckily, a little goes a long way. You may remember that I was giftet this for my birthday, and honestly, it would take alot for me to pay that much for something that I go through so quickly. So this is obviously a luxury item, and you can tell. The first thing you notice is the yummy smell. It's a soft and almost warm smell, that lingers on the skin without being overbearing. The first time I used this my husband commented on the lovely smell, and asked what it was, which he rarely does. I use this every night after my shower, and apply it all over my body. As I said, you need very little, and about a pea size is enough for an entire arm. It absorbs quickly and leaves the skin soft and supple. If you're used to body lotions or balms for dry skin, you will love that this isn't sticky. In the Aesop range, this is the body balm for most hydration, and as you know I have very dry skin. This leaves me feeling hydrated all day and night, but I would say very dry patches such as elbows may need extra amounts or a heavier cream. Know that it does require a bit of work during application, but I feel that is normal with products that are heavier then creams

On a negative note though, I was surprised to find that there was actually a bit of air in the tube. What's up with that? That being said, that's the only real negative thing about this. I do find that the tube is a good match to this product, and the formula is thick enough so that product doesn't spill out when you're opening it. It's also great for controlling amount, and of course tubes are the easiest containers to get every little bit out of.

Overall, even looking at the price, I really like this body balm. It does it's job, which is saying something when you have dry skin. It smells delicious, and the packaging works. It's also suited for sensitive skin, and I have not experienced any problems over these pasts weeks. Let's not forget it's delicious scent! It also feels very light, which is a nice change from similar products.

Post a Comment