Current Obsessions | Nude Lips

Posted on 15 September 2014


When I was planning this post, I was going to call it current favorites: lip products, thinking I was going to tell you about all of my favorite lip colours. But as I was lining them up, I noticed that every single one of them was a pinky nude. Is this really all I've been wearing these past months? It seems so. A few years ago I wouldn't be caught dead in nude lips, and here I am, a true nude lip lover. There, I said it! But even though they're all in the same colour range, this is still a post about my favorite lip products of the moment. Top to bottom:

  • Bobbi Brown Lip Liner in Pink Mauve (£16/$22) Every girl (or boy) needs a nude lipliner in their arsenal, and this has been my favorite this summer. Being a lip product addict, I do of course have several super similar nudes, but there's just something about Bobbi Brown lipliners. I find that this works well with all of the lipsticks/glosses in this post, except maybe Ballet Twist from CoverGirl, which honestly doesn't need a liner. This mauvy pink (obviously) can also be worn by itself, if you want to channel that very hip 90s matte lip.
  • CoverGirl LipPerfection Jumbo Gloss Balm in 205 Ballet Twist ($8.99) I picked this up on a whim while I was in the US, because I rembered Tiffany D had raved about it. I'm not usually a fan of drugstore lip products, but this is just so simple to use I can't help but like it. The formula is nowhere near amazing, but the sheer peachy pink nude is so flattering, and since it's so light it doesn't need too much precision, so I find myself just throwing this on if I don't want to go without lipstick, but actual lipstick feels like it may be too much.
  • Hourglass Extreme Sheen lipgloss in Canvas (£21/$28) This completly opaque pink mauve lipgloss was love at first sight, and I find myself loving it for a sexy lip when I'm wearing a full face of makeup. It's that 90s lip, but with a gorgeous shine. It's not sticky, and it stays put longer than regular lip glosses. This is the darkest of the shades.
  • Tom Ford Lip Color in 12 Nude Vanille (£37/$50) It may not come as a surprise that this is included, but I love it so much I don't mind writing about it again. This had been almost unused in my collection for years, because I feel it is a bit light to wear on it's own, but paired with the Chantecaille lipgloss in Lucky (below) it's a perfect nude lip that works both day and night. The formula of this lipstick is great, and doesn't look nasty with a gloss on top. And let's not forget the packaging, which is just so luxurious.
  • Chantecaille Brilliant Gloss in Lucky (£26/$33) Ever since picking this up last December, this has been my holy grail lipgloss. It's light pink with gold shimmer (transforming it into a peachy pink) colours works with just about any lipstick, and looks great on it's own too. It's not sticky either, and I honestly think it is the perfect universal lipgloss. I think this is one everyone could wear and love. If you just want one lipgloss in your makeup bag, this is it.
  • Bite Beauty Luminous Crème Lipstick in Fig ($24) This lipstick has been my number one go-to lipstick this summer, and I've been carrying it with me everywhere I go. I've probably mentioned this in several favorites videos, that's how much I love it. I hate that Bite Beauty is only available at Sephora, but atleast they ship to several new destinations now (including UK, Germany and Norway), and have stores all over the world. This is only bordering on nude, as it is a light pink, but on me it wears nude. The formula is buttery soft, and wears well. Great light shade for any pale and light skinned girls!
  • NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Sex Machine (£18/$25) This was a favorite years ago, and as you will see in tomorrows video (declutter part 3) I rediscovered this last week. Pulling it from my collection, I immediately remembered why I loved it so much all those years ago. This is another pencil type lipstick, and I love that style in particular because it's so easy and quick to use. The colour is very similar to Canvas, but with more pink. This is a matte lipstick, but not so much that it's drying. It's very soft, and it has small amounts of microshimmer, which gives it a satin-like effect on the lips. This is another handbag favorite, and a shade that I think would work well on many skintones.

Post a Comment