On My Radar | Shopping in London

Posted on 17 September 2014



If you've been following me for a while you may know that I'm travelling to the UK next week to visit my husbands grandparents. This is my first time going outside of London, but that doesn't mean we're gonna skip it all together! We are of course ending our trip with two days in London, and I've been planning the shopping for as long as we've been planning this trip. I've got makeup on my mind, and I'm planning on picking up a few things that have been on my wishlist for ages, and if I'm lucky I'll also come across a few exciting new launches (I never trust launch dates completly). You can of course expect tons of Instagram photos while I'm there, and a big haul video when I get back.

  • Christian Louboutin Nail Colour (£36/$50) I love Louboutin shoes, so of course I'm going to love the nail polishes as well. Sight unseen. I just know. I feel that you either love or hate these, and if you love them, and are willing pay up, you apparently get your moneys worth. Reports say that these are in fact as amazing as they sound! But, they are selling out. Hopefully, I can find the ones I want instore at Selfridges, because they're already sold out online. Of course I want to get Rouge Louboutin, seing as it is the Louboutin red, but the one that's on top of my wishlist in Pluminette, which may just be the perfect bright pink, just check out this picture from one of my favorite Instagrammers.
  • Laura Mercier Custom Artist Portfolio (£65) Now, this may just be the perfect makeup bag. Even if it's not technically a bag. This hardcase beauty was once a popular limited edition item, but is now permanent. It has four removable pouches of different sizes, and generous room for your makeup brushes as well. I've get to find a makeup bag that can contain both makeup and brushes, without it being mushed together, which is why this caught my eye. It's not really in my budget for this trip though, so I may just scope it out and put it on my Christmas wishlist.
  • Diptyque scented candles (£40) What can I say? Of course I want more Diptyque candles! I'm planning on picking up one or two that will work with gloomy days and sweather weather.
  • Tom Ford makeup brushes (£36-80) These have been on my wishlist basically since they launched, but since I had so many MAC brushes that I loved, and considering the hefty price tag, I've always skipped on them. It's just recently that I've been feeling that I can't find the perfect face brushes, and when mid-range just can't cut it, why not look to the top? The bronzer and cheek brushes are on top of my shopping list this time.
  • Chanel Beige perfume (approx £100) This beautiful creature is part of Chanels Les Exclusifs de Chanel fragrance range, which is only sold in select boutiques, which is why I hadn't smelled it until my first ever Chanel visit this summer. This is very different from my usual fragrances, and my husband was honest to admit he didn't like it, but for me, it was true love. It's elegant and timeless, and something I can see myself wearing year round for many, many years.
  • Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill liquid eyeliner (fall 2014) Now, I don't even know if these will launch the UK, but a girl can hope because they look amazing! There are four metallic liquid eyeliners in the fall collection, and they are said to be limited edition. They look like such a fun and easy way to spice up a look, and I think these would look amazing if lined over (not on top of) black eyeliner.

Post a Comment