ON MY RADAR | NEW IN BEAUTY

Posted on 10 October 2014


I'm back with another installment of On My Radar, and today I feature products that are more or less brand new. I always try and keep up to date on new releases, and being a total makeup junkie I always find a bunch of new things that I want to try out.

  • Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution lipsticks (£23) I love me a matte lip, and these new lipsticks from Charlotte Tilbury has me all excited. I believe there are ten shades that just launched, and they all look so gorgeous, and of course very matte. I've even heard people say that these are the best matte lipsticks ever. I've yet to actually try anything from Charlotte Tilbury (allthough I'm dying to), but the wishlist just got a little bit longer with these.
  • Gucci Makeup Possibly the biggest makeup launch this year is of course Gucci. I'm a big fan of Gucci and Italian designers in general, because I just love that hint of tacky. The packaging is just a bit over the top, which I think Gucci lovers will appreciate. I know I do. I basically want to try everything, but the single eyeshadows really stand out for me. I also want to try the lipsticks, blushes and bronzers. And maybe the polishes while we're at it. Sadly, I hear that the lipglosses are shit. Right now it's available Saks, Neiman Marcus and gucci.com in the US, but if you're in the UK you have to get it from gucci.com. Still waiting on the UK department stores, and hopefully shipping to Norway!
  • Burberry Runway Nail Collection (£90) I originally went searching for the super limited edition spring/summer 2015 nail polish sets when I was working on this post, but it seems that they are already sold out (they will go on sale as singles in the spring though). But I did come across this faull/winter 2014 set which was just as beautiful, if not more. It comes in a beautiful box with six shades worn in the Burberry Prorsum FW14 fashion show. So this obviously isn't a super new launch, but who cares, it's perfect for autumn!
  • Chanel Rouge Allure Gloss ($34) Whenever Chanel brings out a new product, I am in there like swimwear. These glosses are so new that they've barely even popped up online yet, but they did launch in stores last week. Not sure if that is worldwide, but atleast in the UK, and I believe rest of Europe as well. These are supposedly quite opaque, but still glossy.
  • Giorgio Armani Eye & Brow Maestro (£26.50) Looking at the name, you may think that this is just another eyeshadow or eyebrow gel product, but according to Giorgio Armani, this is a serious multi-use product. They claim that it can be used for lining, eyeshadow, contouring, even root touch-ups, and of course eyebrows. But the really exciting part for me, is the fact that they included a red shade. And it's making me want to try red eyebrows. Gingers usually just go for brown or taupe brows, but I would love to try it, just to see what it would look like with brows that match my hair, which is the norm for everyone else.
  • Dior DiorSkin Star Foundation & Concealer (£32 & £22) I wasn't too excited when these first launched in September. I like Dior foundations, but nothing about this seemed too special. I guess I was wrong, because everyone has been raving about this. It seems like it may be the best foundation launch this year, so of course now I want to get it. I like that there's a matching concealer to go with it, but I wish the colour selection was a bit better, since there are just five concealer shades.Luckily the foundation comes in 16 shades, and even the very pale will find a shade here.

Post a Comment