The Christmas Tag

Posted on 2 December 2014



A few weeks ago I came across a very cute post on Makeup Savvy, one of my favorite beauty blogs. The girl behind the blog, Fee, had done a Christmas tag, and I thought it was too precious not to do myself. I am a big Christmas freak, so I feel that I have to incorporate it into my blog, even though this is supposedly, a pure beauty blog. 

As I'm sitting here in a candle lit living room, surrounded by everything red, glittery and down right christmasy, I'm really feeling the Christmas spirit coming over me. Honestly, I could drink a big cup of Starbucks Signature Hot Chocolate every single day if it wasn't loaded in calories.


1. What is your favourite Christmas Movie/s?
Well, where do I even begin? For me, there's no such thing as one favorite. I have a boatload of movies I have to watch every December, and the list grows larger every year. I love all genres, and my favorite Christmas comedies are Deck the Halls and Christmas with the Cranks, my favorite drama is no less than The Holiday,but I also have to mention my favorite classic, It's A Wonderful Life, which we show at work every single year (this is the 19th year in a row!).

2. Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
On Christmas Eve, which is the Norwegian tradition.

3. Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
I honestly don't think I have any Christmas memories that I don't cherish. There have been so many wonderful ones throught the years, and I fondly remember all the Christmases spent at my grandmother when I was little and now recently the amazing memories I've made with my own little family.

4. Favourite festive food?
All of it? I'm easily a foodie, but not really that picky, and it shows. I have to admit I love orange chocolate, which only comes on sale in Norway Christmas and Easter, and also marzipan which is a big Christmas thing up here. But Christmas Eve dinner is of course the first thing that comes to mind. I don't even know how to translate it into English, because I'm sure that if you're not from the north, you will have never even heard of these things. But in one meal, we manage to eat salty lamb from the bone, crispy pork and I have to throw in a special Christmas sausage. Add potatoes, a mash of kohlrabi (a root veggie you've probably never heard of) and put tons of melted butter on top. That's what I'm planning to eat. 
 

5. Favourite Christmas gift?
Three different ones come to mind, and they're all music related. It all started with a little casette stereo I got as a child. The second one was a discman I got money to buy in 1996, when I also got the CD Absolute Music 18. I used both to death, and I actually still have the CD. The last one was a big stereo I got in my early teens I believe. It had radio, a casette player and a 3-disc CD-player. It was gigantic and I adored it.


6. Favourite Christmas scent?
 Christmas trees. It's obvious that nothing can compare to that smell. No fake trees in our house.

7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
Since it is the big day for us, I have tons. I start off by getting up early and then we get our stockings just the three of us (a new tradition as of last year). I then get up and eat breakfast while I watch Tři oříšky pro Popelku (beautifully dubbed by one guy doing all the voices). After that we usually go grocery shopping and just relax before getting ready for the evening. This year I'll be making the gigantic dinner mentioned above, which we eat in the evening before having coffee and cake and opening gifts for the rest of the evening.
 
8. What tops your tree?
 A star!
 
9. As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?
I really can't think of anything. My parents always got me amazing gifts, and I don't think I ever wanted a horse.

10. What's the best part about Christmas for you?
Just relaxing and spending time with family. 

If you decide to do this tag on you blog as well, make sure to send me the link so that I can check out your answers as well! And if you don't have a blog, feel free to just answer in the comment section. 

Post a Comment