Treat Yo Self 2015

Posted on 8 March 2015


It's been another hectic mommy & Eddie weekend, and I'm a bit late on sharing this video here on the blog. I posted this on Friday, and I do post videos every Tuesday and Friday.

Anyway, last weekend my husband and I had a full date-day in Oslo, and I obviously did a bit of shopping. I had been a very good girl in February up until that day and I had been saving my money for that day. Although I live in the second biggest city in Norway, it is much smaller than Oslo and they have so many stores and we don't have. I got to cross a few items of my wishlist on this trip, and I also found some beautiful things I didn't even know I wanted. I am extremly happy with my haul, and I'm also glad to report that I did stick to my budget and it feels good. All in all it was a great day as well, and it was lovely to just be the two of us, which is a rare treat.

So far I'm also happy with the whole 'treat yo self'-idea. I've only been doing it for a few months now so it's a bit hard to tell if it's something I'll be able to stick to, but if you want an update later I'll do that. I was just sick of shopping so much that I didn't appreciate everything I got. I already have a pretty big makeup collection, and let's be honest there's no need to fill it up with things I don't use. I also believe it will save me money in the long run, because all that little shopping adds up surprisingly quick. I also think it's easier to save money when I have something to look forward to. I'll probably do this twice a year, because I don't think it's realistic for me to only shop, and treat myself, once a year.

As you may very well know I'm trying to lose weight, and I think it's a good idea to incorporate 'treat yo self' into that as well. I know I'm quick to think "just this one time" when it comes to sweets, and that needs to stop, and I think it will be easier to for example skip cinema candy and desert at restaurants when I can always do it on treat yo self-day in the future.

That was a bit rambly, so if you guys want an explanation/update video I would love to do that. As always, I would love it if you subscribed to my channel and you'll always be the first to know when I post a new video. I also want to hear it if you guys have any other video requests.

Post a Comment